Connecting Spiritual Friends
Attending a weekly group is one of the best ways to experience community in Access, while pursuing a growing relationship with God. It’s a place to form friendships, engage in spiritual conversations, and share life. Groups might jumpstart conversations around Sunday messages*, the Daily Office**, the reading of Scripture, or a topical study, but beyond learning about the spiritual life, our hope is that we also experience the spiritual life together.
This past Fall of 2016, our community participated in the Community Bible Experience with the Evangelical Covenant Church. Some small groups will be continuing this throughout 2017. Others will be going through different topics like books, race, etc. For more information, please contact us.
Weekly groups are starting again for the 2017 Winter semester in January. Group details are as follows:
2017 WEEKLY Small GroupS
Midtown | Tuesdays
- Time: 6:30 PM
- Facilitators: Cindy Chen, Stephanie Truong
- Hosts: Daryl Kuo, Anna Choe
- Description: At the start of 2017, our group is going over the curriculum of "Be the Bridge" around racial reconciliation conversations.
WESTCHASE/GALLERIA | TUESDAYS
- When: 6:45 PM
- Facilitators: Gloria Chen, Linton Wong
- Hosts: Daisy Wang, Vickie Lin
- Description: We will continue to follow Access’ vision this year by incorporating Faithwalking and Sharing Our Stories into our small group life and discussion. Our desire is to be a community who cares for and journeys together with those going through or are interested in Faithwalking.
Medical center | Wednesdays
- When: 7:00 PM
- Facilitators: Andre Suen, Andrew Fox
- Hosts: Caleb Liao, Priscilla Yung
- Description: This Wednesday group will meet regularly for discussion, activities, and prayer. We will discuss various topics drawn from the Community Bible Experience (CBE), Sunday messages, and personal testimonies. Dinner is provided.
SPRING VALLEY | WEDNESDAYS
- When: 7:00 PM (3 weeks on/1 week off)
- Facilitators: Chris Sun and Song Kim
- Hosts: Andrew and Krista Sauer
- Description: Our group will focus on growing together in our journeys of faith and marriage. We typically have topical discussions related to marriage. Gatherings will begin with BYOD (Bring Your Own Dinner). Open to married or engaged couples.
SUGAR LAND | THURSDAYS
- Time: 6:30 PM (2nd, 3rd, and 4th Thursdays of each month)
- Facilitators: David Wu, Brian & Elaine Hui, Jacob Gavia
- Description: Our group will meet in a rotation of homes in the Sugar Land area. We are currently sharing our personal stories with each other, and then we will go through a Lenten Prayer Guide and finally some topics from Faithwalking. We will be having yummy potluck dinners! We’re intergenerational – children and youth welcome!
greenway plaza | Thursdays
- When: 7:00 PM ( Men and women alternate meeting each week)
- Facilitators: Aaron & Naoko Fu
- Hosts: Roy and Elsie Fu
- Description: Men and women will alternate meeting each week to accommodate those with kids, but our group is open to all! We will be studying a sermon series by Andy Stanley called "Future Family". Dinner is provided.
ACcESS WAREhouse | Thursdays
- When: 7:00 PM
- Facilitators: Michael Shih, Brandon Lau, Jeannie Kim
- Hosts: Sabrina Tso, Lola Subulade, Will Chen, Amanda Dorman
- Description: We are continuing our meetings this semester by exploring the "Be the Bridge" curriculum, which is centered around racial reconciliation conversations, on first, third, and fifth Thursdays of the month. We share personal testimonies on the second Thursdays and hang out as a group on the fourth Thursdays.
Access Warehouse | Sundays
- Time: 5:30 PM
- Facilitators: Ted Law, Victor Chiao
- Description: The Sunday Small Group engages in conversations based on Sunday Messages and topics that members bring up. Our group is family friendly and childcare is available this semester. Bring a dinner and join us in building friendships and sharing life together.
* Sunday Messages
Listen to our recorded Sunday messages.
**What is the Daily Office?
The Daily Office is a structured approach to daily prayer and Scripture reading. It encourages praying and reading Scriptures according to a schedule that is also followed by the larger community of faith. This year, many in the Access community, including many of our groups, will be using the book A Guide to Prayer for All God's People to provide structure and content for their devotional life with God (a limited number of books are available at Access for $12). Groups practicing the Daily Office come together to pray, to read Scripture, and to share their reflections with one another.
How to determine which weekly guide to use:
A new week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday if using the Red and Blue books. So for example, if today is Monday January 9, we will be using the guide labeled Sunday between January 14 and 20. If using the Green and Black books, a new week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
Documents: How to use the Daily Office Prayer Guides