Connecting Spiritual Friends
Attending a weekly group is one of the best ways to experience community in Access, while pursuing a growing relationship with God. It’s a place to form friendships, engage in spiritual conversations, and share life. Groups might jumpstart conversations around Sunday messages*, the Daily Office**, the reading of Scripture, or a topical study, but beyond learning about the spiritual life, our hope is that we also experience the spiritual life together.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Weekly groups are starting again for the 2017 Fall semester in September. Group details are as follows:
2017 WEEKLY Small GroupS
WESTCHASE/GALLERIA | TUESDAYS
- When: 6:45 PM
- Facilitators and Hosts: Linton Wong, Kee Wong, Daisy Wang, Vickie Lin
Our group (Honest Spirituality) in Westchase aims to cultivate a safe space for people to explore deeper spirituality and authentic connectedness with each other and God. We will use learning and assessment materials from a variety of sources such as Faithwalking, God Space, Sermons, and more. We journey and grow together, connected in heart - not just hobbies.
Dinner is provided on a volunteer rotation basis
Medical center/BELLAIRE | Wednesdays
- When: 7:00 PM
- Facilitators: Andrew Suen, Joyce Chen
- Hosts: Caleb Liao, Stephanie Leung
- Description: This Wednesday group will meet regularly for discussion, activities, and prayer. We will discuss various topics drawn from Sunday messages and personal testimonies. Dinner is provided and on rotation on a volunteer basis.
Midtown | THURSDAYS
- Time: 7:00 PM (2nd, 3rd, and 4th Thursdays of each month)
- Facilitators and Hosts: Cindy Chen, Stephanie Truong, Daryl Kuo, Joseph Fuller
- Description: Join us as we meet regularly for prayer, discussion and activities. Discussion will be mainly over the Sunday sermon, and facilitation will be rotated among members who volunteer for shared ownership and to broaden the voices heard.
SUGAR LAND | THURSDAYS
- Time: 6:30 PM (1st, 2nd, and 3rd Thursdays of each month)
- Facilitators and Hosts: Brian & Elaine Hui, Grace Lin, Denise & Michael Murray
- Description: Our group will meet in a rotation of homes in the Sugar Land area. We begin each week with a yummy potluck dinner, and we'll begin this year by discussing sermon topics from our Sunday worship services. We’re also inter-generational so children and youth are welcome to join us!
ACcESS WAREhouse | Thursdays
- When: 7:00 PM
- Facilitators: Amanda Dorman, Jason Moreno, Alex Chao
- Hosts: Robin Vander Pol
- Description: This Thursday night group is smallish, youngish, and adultish. Our aim is to build a deeper understanding of each other in community. We strive to be a warm place for anyone to come, learn, and be heard. The main discussion will be Sunday sermon topics. We also have a strong heart for service, both to each other and in community. Dinner is bring your own.
Garden Oaks/Heights | Saturdays
- Time: 4:30 PM
- Facilitators: Ted Law, Victor Chiao
- Hosts: Azaria and Christina Azene
- Description: The Saturday Small Group engages in conversations based on a variety of topics and interests that members bring up. On any given week we might discuss the Sunday message, talk about parenting and relationships, or have a Q&A about Old Testament practices. The possibilities are nearly endless! Our goal is to develop spiritual friendships, have fun doing it, and maybe learning a thing or two along the way. Our group is family friendly and childcare is available this semester. For those wanting to hang out some more, we certainly have the option of grabbing dinner together afterwards. Come join us and let's do life together!
* Sunday Messages
Listen to our recorded Sunday messages.
**What is the Daily Office?
The Daily Office is a structured approach to daily prayer and Scripture reading. It encourages praying and reading Scriptures according to a schedule that is also followed by the larger community of faith. This year, many in the Access community, including many of our groups, will be using the book A Guide to Prayer for All God's People to provide structure and content for their devotional life with God (a limited number of books are available at Access for $12). Groups practicing the Daily Office come together to pray, to read Scripture, and to share their reflections with one another.
How to determine which weekly guide to use:
A new week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday if using the Red and Blue books. So for example, if today is Monday January 9, we will be using the guide labeled Sunday between January 14 and 20. If using the Green and Black books, a new week begins on Sunday and ends on Saturday.
Documents: How to use the Daily Office Prayer Guides