Access is part of a rapidly growing multi-ethnic denomination with ministries on five continents of the world, the Evangelical Covenant Church.
The Evangelical Covenant Church seeks to form and nurture communities that are deeply committed to Jesus Christ and passionately engaged in Christ’s mission in the world. The purpose of Covenant affirmations is to make clear the values and principles that have guided the Evangelical Covenant Church since its founding in 1885.
For Covenant people, our essential beliefs are summed up in what we call Covenant affirmations:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the Church.
- We affirm the Church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.
Resources on Covenant Affirmations
- “What Does the Covenant Church Believe? A Brief Look at Covenant Affirmations”
- Identity / Beliefs provide a more in depth exploration
- To learn more, visit covchurch.org.